Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas and New Year 2014 Day 10-11

Dec. 28, 2014

MISTIMING

Mild weather and nice start to the morning. Though mom and dad looked like they decided to sleep in this morning, I (as usual) am enjoying sitting outside watching the morning sun come up. I did have to go around the front of the house to get to the back porch because I couldn't find the key that unlocks the back grill gate. Uli from across the lawn asked me if I wanted to go play tennis but I declined. I kept thinking that I had errands to run but really couldn't figure what.

Found me two of my long time snacks or desserts. The first one is called a banana-Que which is basically a plantain banana (best ripe), optionally dipped in a batter then rolled on a sugar bed. The second one is called Halo-Halo which practically translates to 'a mix'. Fruits and sweets are mixed in with milk and topped with crushed ice and an ice cream scoop on top. The preferred ice cream is Ube (purple yam) This are definitely two of my all-time favorites.

---
We went to the 4PM mass only to find out that the bishop of Manila will be coming to hold mass at our parish church because of the town fiesta. We attended the early mass because we thought we had some preparation to do for our friends who are coming to the house for a get-together. They weren't scheduled to arrive till 7PM so we could have gone to the 5:30 and still had time to get ready for the guys. As usual, we had a great time seeing and talking. Other that Uli and myself, Demy and Ellyn, Manny, Bob, Mel and Michael, Desiree, Dindo and Raine, Gisbert, and Jojo showed. We stayed up till 2AM chatting away. I felt guilty having the party out on the porch as it is in close proximity to my old room where the girls are now camped in. Oh well. Its only for a night.







---
Uli got me magnetic readers. Kinda cool! Btw, the 'baby' reference was for my daughter as the video was meant to be a text message I had difficulty sending via iMessage.


---
Dec. 29, 2014

SHOP, SHOP, SHOP!

We make it to Green Hills and I got to pick up sussies for Katharine, Kelly, and Suzanne. Hope they like it! Had Chinese lunch and Luk Yuen and I have to say the dishes were pretty tasty. After shopping most of the day, we head home only to find traffic slow us down. What normally takes 30 minutes had stretched to 1 hour and 25 minutes. Hope mom and dad aren't waiting for us to come home and not have dinner till we arrive. I look at my watch and notice 7:30PM as I entered the house. They haven't even come down from their room. All is well!


T-shirts captions at Green Hills


Great! Stuck in traffic on our way home.. Grrr!


Tomorrow we venture out to purchase fireworks. I'm excited to see the New Year celebration here. Similar to the Fourth of July in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment